Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

slopes from two different regression curves for equivalency?

jdobiecki0

Community Trekker

Jan 20, 2015

Can someone please provide direction on how to compare two different slopes from two different regression curves for equivalency?  I have data sets with one response (call it activity) and the main effect being time.  I have another effect, manufacturer (currently as Character/Nominal values) that I want to include to see if there's any difference in the two different regression curves as a result of different manufacuturers.  I'm using Jmp Ver 8.0.2.  Hope someone can help me.

2 REPLIES
Dan_Obermiller

Apr 3, 2013

Have one data table, structured similar to this:

Activity   Time   Manufacturer

9            0        A

8.7          0        B

8.3          1        B

9.2          2       A

Fit a Model in JMP with Y = Activity and the following terms:  Time, Manufacturer, Time*Manufacturer.

In the report, if Manufacturer is significant, that tells you that the intercept for the time models are different. If the Time*Manufacturer term is significant then that tells you that the time slopes are different.  I am guessing this is what is needed. You did however state EQUIVALENCY. If you need EQUIVALENCY, the process is more complicated. I hope this is what you really needed.

Dan Obermiller
jdobiecki0

Community Trekker

Jan 20, 2015

Thnaks DanO.  Correct answer (I forgot about the cross function for factors...it's been a while)