cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
odoyle81
Level I

run correlation in JMP and ignore missing values

How do I run a correlation in JMP and ignore missing values?  In SAS, I can use "nomiss"

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

Re: run correlation in JMP and ignore missing values

in the multivariate platform, under the list of columns there is a drop down menu enabling you to choose Row-Wise.

Row-wise estimation does not use observations containing missing cells. The Row-wise option is useful if you want to check compatibility with earlier JMP versions (before JMP 8), if you want to explore the relationship of missing versus nonmissing cells within the dataset, or if you want to exclude any observations that have missing data. (Row-wise estimation was the only estimation method available before JMP 8.)

Pairwise performs correlations for all rows for each pair of columns having nonmissing values.

(the last section was copied from the help, you can get there by selecting the "?" tool and clicking on the output of the multivariate platform)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

in the multivariate platform, under the list of columns there is a drop down menu enabling you to choose Row-Wise.

Row-wise estimation does not use observations containing missing cells. The Row-wise option is useful if you want to check compatibility with earlier JMP versions (before JMP 8), if you want to explore the relationship of missing versus nonmissing cells within the dataset, or if you want to exclude any observations that have missing data. (Row-wise estimation was the only estimation method available before JMP 8.)

Pairwise performs correlations for all rows for each pair of columns having nonmissing values.

(the last section was copied from the help, you can get there by selecting the "?" tool and clicking on the output of the multivariate platform)

odoyle81
Level I

perfect, thanks!