cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

? repeated measure ANOVA or a different test. ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE !!

Hello,
I'm trying to analyse some data but I'm not sure if I'm using the correct test - I'd be very grateful for some advice from someone who does know !

I have 5 subjects. In a cross-over design each subject was exposed to each of the 4 treatments (test meals using 4 different types of bread). I have data on insulin response for 6 different time points following each meal. My main question is does the insulin response differ at any time point between the 4 treatments (breads).

I've been using a repeated measure ANOVA in Jmp (Fit model - insulin at each of the 6 time points in Y - Subject and Bread in construct model effects. Then 'time' in specification of repeated measures).

What I'm not sure about is does this take account of the cross-over design and that each meal is repeated in each subject - ie. it's not 20 seperate test meals in 20 subjects - it's 20 test meals in 5 subjects.

If this is the correct test, which p-value answer my question ?

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks
1 REPLY 1
louv
Staff (Retired)

Re: ? repeated measure ANOVA or a different test. ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE !!

If you go to the Help pulldown menu and type "Repeated Measures" in the search field you will be directed to a section in the manuals that will guide you through your analysis.