PageByBug.PNG

I have a JSL script I recorded from Graph Builder that contains this code:

Variables(
		X( :MeasurementDate ),
		Y( :Data ),
		Page ( :Metric),
		Overlay( :Period )
	),

But as shown above all the plots display right on top of each other.

I can fix it by un-dragging "Metric" from the "Page By" box and then re-dragging it into the "Page By" box, at which point the graphs display properly. But is there a way to write the script so that the individual graphs display properly and not as a jumbled mess?

Using JMP 12.2.0 on Windows 10.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: "Page By" in JSL is creating jumble of graphs all dumped on top of one another

Do you have Fit to Window( "On" ) in your Graph Builder script?  This controls whether the report is scrollable or whether it tries to stretch everything to fit inside the window.  The default setting is "Auto", and the stretching feature should be turned off with a Page role.  If this is the problem, it may help to use Fit to Window("Off") in your script.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
markschwab
Level III

Re: "Page By" in JSL is creating jumble of graphs all dumped on top of one another

I tried again in JMP14 and in JMP14 it does render properly. So as far as I'm concerned the issue is resolved, although other users of JMP12 might still have the issue shown above.

Highlighted

Do you have Fit to Window( "On" ) in your Graph Builder script?  This controls whether the report is scrollable or whether it tries to stretch everything to fit inside the window.  The default setting is "Auto", and the stretching feature should be turned off with a Page role.  If this is the problem, it may help to use Fit to Window("Off") in your script.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
markschwab
Level III

Thanks for the explanation! I had not specified any "Fit To Window" command so I suppose it was defaulting to the default behavior.

I did uninstall JMP12 when I upgraded to JMP14 so I can't directly confirm your solution works, but I did confirm in JMP14 that if I set "Fit To Window("On")," then it reproduces the behavior I had shown above. So in my script I've now set "Fit To Window("Off")," in case any users are using JMP versions that don't default to Off for this parameter.

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.