Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
galactus3000
Level IV

querying and modifying value of Kernel Std values in Bivariate Fit Nonpar Density

Hello all ... I am trying to write a JSL script which sets a JSL variable to the value of default Kernel Std in Quantile Density Contours in the Nonpar Density for a Bivariate Fit.  I know that this can be done with Kernel Control in red triangle menu using sliders. 

For instance, I want to run a Nonpar Density, and then rerun after multiplying the default Kernel Std values by 0.5 or 2.0 or ...

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Re: querying and modifying value of Kernel Std values in Bivariate Fit Nonpar Density

The values you want to set are available via the sliders.  And the sliders are in a Table Box().  The below code will change the first slider in the output, but I can not figure out how to change the second slider.  I hope someone in the Discussion Group will know the answer

names default to here(1);
dt=open("%SAMPLE_DATA/semiconductor capability.jmp");

biv=Bivariate(
	Y( :NPN1 ),
	X( :PNP1 ),
	Nonpar Density(
		{Kernel Control( 1 ), Set Kernel( 0.01, 0.39541281110805 ),
		Color Theme( "Spectral" )}
	)
);

report(biv)["Quantile Density Contours"][SliderBox(1)]<<set(20);
Jim
Highlighted
galactus3000
Level IV

Re: querying and modifying value of Kernel Std values in Bivariate Fit Nonpar Density

thank you for “part one” of answer 😁
Highlighted
galactus3000
Level IV

thank you again ...

just to clarify, I need to query the current value of each kernel std value ... post-query I want to modify it and then set it accordingly

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.