Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

prediction - and confidence interval for selected levels?

miomio

Community Trekker

Apr 7, 2016

Hello!

I know how to do a "general" prediction - and confidence interval in JMP. However, I don't have any idea how to do it for selected levels - for example, if I only want to do a prediction - and confidence interval for the educational levels of 9, 12, 15 and 17 as in this example that I have attached.

How do I do the example I have attached in JMP?

// MIO

3 REPLIES
wilkap

Community Trekker

Aug 29, 2014

If I understand your question, you have created a predictive model using JMP and you want to use it in a table to show Confidence Limits on the mean and on individuals for specific instances only.

If that is correct, you can save the formulas for predicting individual and mean Confidence Limits, from the Hot Spot menu, to your original table.  You can copy and paste these into a new table with the data you are interested in.  Just be sure all the names are the same.

For example:

11397_View1.jpg

Create this new table.

11398_View2.jpg

Make sure all of the column names are the same.  You can copy all the formulas at once using "Copy Multi Columns Properties" and paste

them using "Paste Multi Columns Properties."

I hope this helps.

lconley20

New Contributor

Nov 6, 2016

Is there a way to generate the same type table for a prediction interval limits?

lconley20

New Contributor

Nov 6, 2016

I just realized individual confidence interval is the same as the prediction interval