Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

plotting question

hchiew

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Hi,

I just started using JMP to do nonlinear regression. After doing the nonlinear fit, I'm trying to cut and paste the plot into my report, but I noticed that the plot extrapolates beyond the range that I want (say I want x-axis to show only 0 - 1 and I do not want the regression line to go beyond those values because it's meaningless). Can someone please help me with this? Your help is much appreciated!
2 REPLIES
Wouldn't the easiest way be just to restrict the X axis to lie between the smallest and largest X values in your data set? You can do that by right-clicking on the X axis of your chart, selecting "Axis Settings" and just changing the limits to whatever you need.
hchiew

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

I did that, but I don't want the x-axis to start from 0, if you know what I mean. Because I have points that I want to show at x=0.0 and I want to shift the x-axis slightly to the right so the readers can see that. At the same time, I want the fitted line to only fit between x=0 and x=1. So when I try to slide the axis to the right using the "hand", the fitted line just extend to wherever I slide, when in fact I want to truncate the fitting to the range, i.e., I want to leave some empty space between the start and end of the fitted line. I can do that with "Fit Y by X", but not with the nonliner fit function. Am I making sense?