Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
bwt
bwt
Level II

permutation test to compare two means using a by statement

Can anyone point me towards how to do a permutation test to compare two means using a by statement.  I want to test for differences between seasonal means (fall vs spring) for multiple sites (1...20).  Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: permutation test to compare two means using a by statement

Did you see this Help entry?

Learn it once, use it forever!
Highlighted
bwt
bwt
Level II

I did, but if I have 20 permutation tests then I have to break it down into 20 files or subsets and do every step 20 times. I'll explore SAS if there is not an option for this in JMP. Thanks
Highlighted

That way won't be necessary.

I assume that you are able to follow the instructions from the Help example to set up the permutation data column for the response and the Oneway platform for the ANOVA. Prepare the Oneway platform for the next step. Click the red triangle next to Oneway and select Redo > Auto Recalc. Use a filter instead of subsetting. Select Rows > Data Filter. Add the grouping data column to the filter. Enable the Include mode. Select the first group and Oneway should update. Now run the permutation test as before. Select each group in turn, update Oneway, and run the permutation test. The permutation test results are stored in separate tables for each By group, of course.

You can try this suggestion first with the Help example by using the Gender variable in data filter. It worked for me.

Learn it once, use it forever!
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.