Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
nac
nac
Level III

percentage calculation from each 10 row

Dear all,

I try to calculate percentage of each row from dividing the mean of each 10 row values. For example at the attached jmp file;

I try to calculate the percentage of columns written on "Equipment 1 Result (mcg/dose)" such as row 2 value: 43,16 is divided to the mean of the first 10 dose result which is 43,83  and 43,16/43,83*100=98 calculation can be shown on column "Equipment 1 Result (%)" For the second 10 row mean is used for percentage calculation of individual results of second 10 rows. The samething also needed  for  Equipment 2 results (mcg/dose) and Equipment 2 Result(%). 

Each 10 row percentages calculated seperately. 

Is there a way applying this?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Re: percentage calculation from each 10 row

Attached is a copy of your data table, with a new calculated version of your Results 1 column.  The formula I used is

base = Modulo( Row(), 10 );
If( base == 0, base = 10 );
base = (Row() - base) + 1;
:Name( "Equipment 1 Result(mcg/dose)" ) / 
	Mean( :Name( "Equipment 1 Result(mcg/dose)" )[Index( base, base + 9 )] );

Please note, I did not multiply the result by 100, but rather, left it as a percent, and used a persent format to display the value.  JMP will use this format in all of the platforms, making the graphs/reports more readable.  If you don't want it used that way, simply add back in the *100, and change the format for the column back to "Best".

I did not include the Equipment 2 calculated column....It is just a very simple change from the fomula listed above.

Jim
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.