Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
tova
Level III

multiple file import of a partial file

I have multiple files with two lines on the top that give me information about the test conditions.

from the third line, there is a header and then the data.

I use the multiple file import with header line listed as 3 and data starts from line 4.  THis works wonderfully.

However, I would like to also take the data from the first two lines (a header line (of 3 headers) and 3 pieces of data).

I thought I would do a join of the two sets of tables since I willl import file name and/or date from both of them.

However, I cannot import the second set of data without importing the first set together with it and making a mess of my table.  In a single import file, there is a lines to read option which I can set to reading only two lines.  If I cannot find a better solution, I will use a for loop like i used to in the old days before multiple file import existed, and open each table separately to get this data.

I would prefer a way to use the multiple file import and set it to only give me the first two lines of the file.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Tova

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
phil_kay
Staff

Re: multiple file import of a partial file

Hi,

Yes, I understand your problem. I can't see a way to specify when the data ends or the number of data rows to import. You could request this through the JMP Wish List.

Regards,

Phil

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.