Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
galactus3000
Level IV

multi-variable local data filter ease of use ... scrolling thru one variable AND'ed with another

using sample data file "Air Traffic" as an example

looking at distribution of :Time and want to be able to easy choose Alaska as Airline AND scroll through Flight Number

localdatafilterquestion.PNG

in order to produce graphic above, I had to use ctrl key when selecting Flight 1 to keep Alaska selected.  If I fail to hold down ctrl when I click on Flight 1, I lose the Alaska selection.

With Alaska selected, how do I use up and down arrows to scroll thru Flight Numbers? Is there a way to lock in the Alaska selection?

Then let's say I want to select Airline=Alaska AND Flight Number=1 AND then scroll through Tail Number?

Am I missing something easy here?

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Re: multi-variable local data filter ease of use ... scrolling thru one variable AND'ed with another

Make sure the Auto Clear is not selected.  With Auto Clear not selected, it will not clear the Airline selection when scrolling through the Flight Numbersautoclear.PNG

Jim

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Re: multi-variable local data filter ease of use ... scrolling thru one variable AND'ed with another

Make sure the Auto Clear is not selected.  With Auto Clear not selected, it will not clear the Airline selection when scrolling through the Flight Numbersautoclear.PNG

Jim

View solution in original post

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.