cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
phuesch0
Level I

lack-of-fit-test is missing

Hello.

I have created a full factorial design with two X variables and one response value (Health as a function of your drinking and smoking habits, see enclosed files).

11613_pastedImage_2.png

When I generate the report, the lack-of-fit test is greyed out. But why? The fitting-linear-models-pdf from the jmp-help says:

In the following situations, the Lack of Fit report does not appear because the test statistic

cannot be computed:

• There are no replicated points with respect to the X variables, so it is impossible to

calculate a pure error sum of squares.

• The model is saturated, meaning that there are as many estimated parameters as there are

observations. Such a model fits perfectly, so it is impossible to assess lack of fit.

I have 3 replicated points for every X variable and 27 observations which is a greater number than the estimated parameters. So why can't I compute the LoF-test?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: lack-of-fit-test is missing

If you run a Stepwise Regression instead of the Standard Least Squares you will get the Lack of Fit statistic. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: lack-of-fit-test is missing

If you run a Stepwise Regression instead of the Standard Least Squares you will get the Lack of Fit statistic.