cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
joann
Level IV

jmp tabulate to excel

Is there an add-in that can export tabulate to excel?

I only found add-in that can export data table to excel. 

Thanks in advance!

17 REPLIES 17

Re: jmp tabulate to excel

On the Tabulate red triangle menu you can select "Make Into Data Table".  Then, in the resulting table you can do File->Save As and select Save As Type "Excel Workbook".  You didn't say what version you are running, or under what operating system, but this should be similar if you are using a Mac.  You would just need to use Export instead of File Save As.

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

joann
Level IV

Thank you Brian. Though if we do data table first, then we'll lost the tabulate format. Is there a way to export the tabulate as is?

Thanks,
Joann

I'm afraid there is not.
Brian
txnelson
Super User

You can save the Tabulate output to a text file, which you can then bring into Excel.  Here is a simple illustration of saving the output to text

Names Default To Here( 1 );
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/big class.jmp" );
tab = tb = Tabulate(
	Show Control Panel( 0 ),
	Add Table( Row Table( Grouping Columns( :age, :name ) ) ),
	Display Column Width( Row Label( "name" ), 70 )
);
Report( tb )[tabulatebox( 1 )] << save text( "$TEMP/tab.txt" );
Jim
joann
Level IV

Thank you Jim.
This might be a stupid question, but how do I open the txt correctly in excel with the original tabulate format? I opened it with excel but it appeared in only the first row, no the right format.

Thanks,
Joann
txnelson
Super User

I opened Excel, then went to File==>Open, and browsed to the text file.  Selected it and when the file was attempting to open, it brought up the Text Impor Wizard.

textimportwizard.PNG

and it then opened the file

exceltext.PNG

Jim
joann
Level IV

Hi Jim,

I opened the excel wizard, but mine looks different from yours as attached. And I don't have the 437 origin like you did. However I managed to paste it to Notes first and then paste it to excel and it worked. Thank you very much!

JoannScreen Shot 2018-10-03 at 4.00.31 PM.png

Peter_Bartell
Level VIII

Can I ask why you want to export a Tabulate result in JMP to Excel? Reason I'm asking if it's just so a non JMP user can 'see' the tabulate report there are variety of means to accomplish this. Copy/paste to the destination Microsoft application can work. You can also get more elegant and publish a Web Report...so lots of ways to share your JMP discoveries with others...if that's the primary reason for getting JMP created content into other applications or file structures.

joann
Level IV

Right. My work requires me to provide analysis in excel by tabs as a routine. So I'm trying to find a way to automate it.