BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
David_Morrow
Community Trekker

jmp table file size in Windows 10

I recently started using a new laptop (running Windows 10) and have noticed that when I save a JMP table the file size is very much greater than it was on my old laptop (Windows 7) . I have just run the same jsl script to create the same jmp table on both my old laptop (Windows 7) and my new laptop (Windows 10) and saved the JMP table each time. The filesize is >50x the size on the new laptop (Windows 10). I am wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing and would welcome any inputs.   

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
julian
Staff

Re: jmp table file size in Windows 10

Hi @David_Morrow,

That's pretty unexpected behavior. The only thing I can think might be different is perhaps you have the preference set to "Save Data Table Columns GZ Compressed" on your Windows 7 machine but not on your Windows 10 machine. You can find this preference in the General preference group. 

@julian 

Compress.png

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
julian
Staff

Re: jmp table file size in Windows 10

Hi @David_Morrow,

That's pretty unexpected behavior. The only thing I can think might be different is perhaps you have the preference set to "Save Data Table Columns GZ Compressed" on your Windows 7 machine but not on your Windows 10 machine. You can find this preference in the General preference group. 

@julian 

Compress.png