cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
medusorca
Level I

interpolate x values from a standard curve

Hello,

We have five control samples with known concentration and a quantitative assay result. Using the controls, we can draw a standard curve so that the concentration is represented on the x-axis and the quantitative assay result is on the y axis. The data is expected to be linear. I have clinical samples with quantitative assay result, but unknown concentration.  I would like to determine the concentration of the clinical samples based on the quantitative assay result.

Using the fit Y by X function, I fit a line and obtain the regression line equation. I can solve the equation for x and set a formula in jmp to solve for x.

The challenge is that for each clinical run I will have a standard curve for each fluorophore, and a new standard curve for each new clinical run. Therefore, I will have different equations and will need to write different formula to solve for x.

Is there a more automated way for me to solve for x? I have used GraphPad prism in the past (describe in this link: GraphPad - FAQ 1753 - Prism 3 -- Calculating "Unknown" Concentrations using a Standard Curve)and I would imagine that there is a more straightforward way for me to interpolate my x values with JMP. I would really appreciate a step by step procedure as I am a relatively new JMP user. Thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
bwanders
Level III

Re: interpolate x values from a standard curve

Use the "nonlinear" platform under "analyze" and "modeling".

9410_pastedImage_0.png

After fitting curves, you can use the "Custom Inverse Prediction" for interpolating "x" values.

9411_pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

Hello,

Inverse prediction is available is several platforms including fit model.

9425_2015-08-05_16-30-43.png

Best,

Bill

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bwanders
Level III

Use the "nonlinear" platform under "analyze" and "modeling".

9410_pastedImage_0.png

After fitting curves, you can use the "Custom Inverse Prediction" for interpolating "x" values.

9411_pastedImage_1.png

Hello,

Inverse prediction is available is several platforms including fit model.

9425_2015-08-05_16-30-43.png

Best,

Bill