Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted

how to add a filter that allow user to pick whether include excluded data or not

Hello all,

I am working on the script that make graphs based on a big data table. There are many bad data that I have cleaned by using excluded function. But it would be great if I can set up a filter for users to decide whether they want to include bad data or not. Does anyone know how to achieve it?

Thanks a lot,

Winnie

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: how to add a filter that allow user to pick whether include excluded data or not

Besides selecting Help > BooksScripting Guide and reading all about it, I suggest the interactive prototype. Make a Data Filter on the target data table (select Rows > Data Filter), set it up with the data columns and comparisons of interest, and the click the red triangle and select Save Script > To Script Window. You know the filter works because you tested it. You know the filter works because JMP saved the script. You can copy this script into your larger script. Send the saved script as a message to the target data table.

Learn it once, use it forever!
Highlighted

Re: how to add a filter that allow user to pick whether include excluded data or not

Thank you so much for your reply Mark,

I am sorry that I didn't explain my question very clearly. I have made the filter already, but since the data that have been filtered were exclude in the data table, there is no data in the graphs. 

I am wondering if there is anyway that allow me include the excluded data in the graph?

Thanks,

Winnie

Highlighted

The Data Filter controls three row states in the data table. The row states are Selected, HIdden, and Excluded. The filter options are Select, Show, and Include. The Hidden and Excluded row states are independent but some platforms treat them differently.

Are you sure that it is not the Hidden (Show) row state instead of the Exclude row state.

Learn it once, use it forever!
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

If you click on the "Clear" button on the filter, it will remove the Excluded row state, and all  of the rows will then show up on the graph.

Jim
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.