cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jasongao
Level II

got duplicate items after using split

Got a table attached here (test.jmp). After I used split function like below, I got duplicate items and the N number is also not correct. Anybody knows what is wrong? Thanks a lot! 

Table: 

Cap.JPG

Split setting:

Capture.JPG

Result I got, which contains duplicate items:

Capture1.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: got duplicate items after using split

You need to put supplier_wafer_id into the Group role.

That will create one row per supplier_wafer_id.

2019-11-18_17-59-45.171.png

-Jeff

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
dale_lehman
Level VII

That's not what I get.  First of all, I would not select all 3 columns to keep - the one you are splitting and the one you split by will already be used - just select "Keep all."  When I do that I get 9 rows and the ID column shows no duplicates.  But another strange thing is that the ID column contains a string of around 13 characters - in your image it looks like you have a single letter.  So, I'm not sure what is going on since it looks like you get 9 rows like I do.  But I would not select all 3 columns to keep when two of them are being used in the dialog to split and split by.

jasongao
Level II

Thanks. I think I uploaded the wrong file, but it basically the same. If you look carefully, it has duplicate items for 13 characters item too.

I re-uploaded the file. I tried keep all, it is the same.

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

You need to put supplier_wafer_id into the Group role.

That will create one row per supplier_wafer_id.

2019-11-18_17-59-45.171.png

-Jeff
dale_lehman
Level VII

Indeed, that works. And Tabulate does the same thing. Personally I like tabulate better than splitting and stacking tables.
dale_lehman
Level VII

If you look at the distribution of defect_class and select a couple and subset them, you will see that the duplicate ID rows show up for some defect classes and not others.  I'm not entirely sure what is happening, but I think what you might want to use is Analyze - Tabulate and put defect_class in the columns and ID in the rows and then put the N_rows int the table portion (selecting either mean, N, max, or some other statistic, as appropriate).