cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
saitcopuroglu
Level IV

formula for "text to columns"

Hi,

I have a column with comma seperated values and by using column utilities text to column I get the column for each comma seperated value, however the dataset is growing hourl and by joining/concatenating the new data with the existing one I have to redo all the process again and again. Isn't there a formula for this (or better script)?

Many thanks in advance

9329_2015-07-28_12-41-42.png

9330_2015-07-28_12-36-50.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Re: formula for "text to columns"

Look at the "word" formula, for your first column you would use:

Word (1, text, ",")

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Look at the "word" formula, for your first column you would use:

Word (1, text, ",")

saitcopuroglu
Level IV

Thank you. Do you have any idea for the second table which has the command of "indicator columns"?

KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

I do not understand what you are trying to do with the second table.  However, for indicator columns I would review the JMP documentation on the categorical (i.e., consumer research) platform as it has ways to work with categorical/indicator data and maybe there is something in there to help you.

saitcopuroglu
Level IV

For second table I also use "text to columns" and this time I tick "make indicator colums" but the result is not formulated by each row, have no idea about scripting it. I already checked the categorical section but hence this transformation is used for financial calculations the categorical can not compute not categorical values like "net revene"... Many thanks