cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
vishwasanj
Level V

data filter for loop

Hi,

I am fairly new to scripting. I understand for loop but I need a little bit of help here.

I am not able to find the for loop example for a data filter in the scripting guide. If someone could help me with the syntax, that would be great.

What I am trying to do is, I have a treemap and I need to construct a 'for' loop with the data filter table to get the graph outputs saved as .png file automatically.

I have attached a figure. For example, condition 1: wafer 11, choosing all Vpp trimset for 25C and Formula NO (1 graph)

condition 2: wafer 12, choosing all Vpp trimset for for 85C (0,11111)and  and Formula NO (1 graph)

condition 3: plotting each trimset value for all for wafer 11( 9 graphs) and wafer 12 with YES (2 graphs)

I am able to do it if I do it one by one in a code, but not together.

Thank you

13 REPLIES 13
vishwasanj
Level V

Re: data filter for loop

I understand what's going on. Thank you for the really good explanation Craige.

I believe if the condition doesn't find any rows associated with the condition, it breaks and stops.

"This Where-clause for data table 'Final table' resulted in no rows: Wafer == "12" & Formula == Empty()"

Instead, can it proceed so that it can keep plotting with the loop?

David_Burnham
Super User (Alumni)

The example I give below contains code that will skip combinations for which there are no rows

http://www.pega-analytics.co.uk/blog/scripting-data-filters/

-Dave
Craige_Hales
Super User

Nice!
Craige
vishwasanj
Level V

Thank you @David_Burnham, @Craige_HalesCraige and @txnelson

You guys rock!