Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

clear memory after save picture

wongpl

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

I need to loop thru 2000+ files and perform some study. i created a new window to show some study and then save the new windows study (the entire new window)  as JPG as show below.

SR = New Window("Summary Results",

OutlineBox(ListOfFiles,

HListBox

(

Vlistbox (

Outline box ( "XY Plot",.... and continue.....

SR << Save Picture(Mypicpath || ListOfFiles || ".jpg" , JPG);    

after i save it as JPG, the memory increase and stay there... i have monitor the resources manager in window 7. Every file i loop, the memory will increase around 4-5MB. Loop thru 2000 file will will blow my 8GB memory away.

how to unload JPG file from system memory ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

What version of JMP do you have? I'm not seeing such a memory issue with JMP 11.2 under Win7. I made a loop saving a 300K file 2000 times. There was a 10MB memory increase when the process started, but no real growth during the loop.

It may help to insert a wait(0) statement after each save, which gives JMP a chance to perform any pending background clean-up work. Or there may be some issue with such huge images.

3 REPLIES
Jeff_Perkinson

Community Manager

Jun 23, 2011

It's possible that you've run across a memory leak bug in JMP.

Can you contact Tech Support with an example that reproduces the behavior that you're seeing?

They are in the best position to track this problem and get it reported for correction if appropriate.

-Jeff

-Jeff
Solution

What version of JMP do you have? I'm not seeing such a memory issue with JMP 11.2 under Win7. I made a loop saving a 300K file 2000 times. There was a 10MB memory increase when the process started, but no real growth during the loop.

It may help to insert a wait(0) statement after each save, which gives JMP a chance to perform any pending background clean-up work. Or there may be some issue with such huge images.

wongpl

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Hi, Xan Gregg,

i have just manage to download the 300MB+ update and updated my JMP to 11.2.  I am running the script now and it work perfectly.