cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
sasuser11466
Level I

Zero Inflated Poisson in JMP

Hello Everyone:

I am working with a few advanced undergraduate students and using JMP more frequently (now that we have a university wide license). Is anyone able to tell me if JMP allows me to run a Zero Inflated Poisson model in the 'Fit Model' window (Personality = Generalized Linear Model;  Distribution = Poisson; Link Function = Log) or if this can only be done in the script window? The data is suitable for this distribution but having a problem in JMP 9.0.2

Thank You!!

Gabriel

(Dept. of Sociology

University of Texas at San Antonio)

2 REPLIES 2
ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Zero Inflated Poisson in JMP

hi Gabriel,

using the Fit Model with the specifications you mentioned is what i did in the past to run the model and it did run with my data using JMP 9 at the time. another thing i use is the overdispersion tests and intervals and the Firth bias-adjusted estimates. i actually run the models twice with and without them to inspect robustness.

From my experience, if something in the Fit Model platform is not working properly, i try fitting each X separately to the Y to determine which of the variables is the source of the problem.

ron

sasuser11466
Level I

Re: Zero Inflated Poisson in JMP

Thanks so much Ron! I will give that overdispersion feature a try as well.

many Thanks! Gabriel