cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
MarkAD
Level III

You don't need to copy ROC graphs

Several days ago I asked how to copy ROC graphs without getting the shaded background.  I was told how to do this, but there is a much better option than copying the graphs.  Simply click the ROC Table tab below the graph, put the cursor arrow over the column heading Sensitivity, right click and select Copy Column.  Then paste the column into Excel.  Then do the same thing and copy the next column, Sens-(1-Spec), and paste that column into the adjacent column in Excel.  Now, you can make your own graph exactly the way you want it.

4 REPLIES 4
MarkAD
Level III

Re: You don't need to copy ROC graphs

Sorry, I meant the 1-Specificity and the Sensitivity columns are the columns that should be copied.

ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

Under File > Preferences > Reports, try checking 'Transparent background for report PNG images'.  I find that normally produces graphs that look good as I expect them to in other programs.  Also note that you can right click in that same table you referenced under the ROC curve and select 'Make into data table', and then open graph builder and customize the graph however you want. 

ih_0-1613578513120.png

Here is what that workflow might look like after ticking the box above:

make into data table.gif

MathStatChem
Level VI

In general, any report table in JMP can be saved to a JMP data table by right clicking on the table and selecting Make Into Data Table.

MathStatChem_0-1613578791494.png

Then you can use JMP to create the graph.  

MathStatChem
Level VI

MathStatChem_0-1613578915271.png