The World Statistics Day celebration continues here in the Community. We all need reliable data for sound decision making. Do you have a data source that you trust most? Head over to Discussions to tell us about it.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
Varun
Level I

Write back functionality from a tablulate embedded table in a dashboard to Snowflake Data wareshouse

Hi All,

I'm a newbie to JMP, I created a dashboard in JMP which has some charts in it and also a Tabulate underneath. I would like to click on any of the data points in the charts which would drill down the records in the Tabulate and then should be able to edit any of the cells/columns within it and saving that row should update the changes back in the snowflake data warehouse. This is possible with Power BI and Power ON(Power BI integration tool) today, wanted to implement similar functionality as Power On in JMP. Can any one please help?

Thanks

Varun

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Write back functionality from a tablulate embedded table in a dashboard to Snowflake Data wareshouse

I think the drill-down capability that you want is referred to as a selection filter in JMP.  If you are using Combine Windows to create the Dashboard, there is a toggle button to filter by one of the reports.  Within the Dashboard Builder, there is a predefined template for creating a selection filter, or can you work with any initial layout and then right-click on a report to designate it as a selection filter.

CombineFilter.png

In the resulting Dashboard, a funnel icon indicates that the selection in the Graph Builder report will filter the data that is seen in the Tabulate:

CombineFilter2.png

Hope that helps!

Highlighted
Varun
Level I

Re: Write back functionality from a tablulate embedded table in a dashboard to Snowflake Data wareshouse

Hi @danschikore ,

Thanks very much for looking in to this, I'm mainly looking for updating/write back to the Snowflake data wareshouse directly from the dashboard interface.

Please find the video link(http://poweronbi.com/powerbi-visual-planning-demo/) of "Power On" tool which is doing that using "Power BI" dashboards, trying to figure out if something similar is possible with JMP <-> Snowflake(may be possible with any integrations tools?).

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.