cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Wilcoxon test WITH Bonferroni adjustment

Dear forum users,

how can I add a Bonferroni adjustment to the Wilcoxon test?

that is how can I do post hoc non-parametric tests/multiple comparisons using pairwise comparisons like Wilcoxon rank sum test with the Bonferroni correction.

Raw-data in my dataset follows a Johnson Su distrubution, and I have had troubles transforming it into a normally distributed one, so I have to compare the groups by a non-parametric test..

Thanks

AC(Jmp 8.0.2 user)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
David_Burnham
Super User (Alumni)

I think to do multiple comparisons using non-parametric methods you may need version 9 of JMP; taking a quick look at the method implemented in v9 I think it does not use Bonferroni corrections, so you would need to adjust the alpha of the test to acheive the same adjustment

-Dave

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
David_Burnham
Super User (Alumni)

I think to do multiple comparisons using non-parametric methods you may need version 9 of JMP; taking a quick look at the method implemented in v9 I think it does not use Bonferroni corrections, so you would need to adjust the alpha of the test to acheive the same adjustment

-Dave