BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
gene
Community Trekker

Why does a project recalculate all the models included in the project

Every time I reopen a project JMP Pro recalculates all the models (LASSO, Ridgem PLS, ...) that I have included in model comparisons.  Is that what I should expect.  For some of the models it can take a bit of time to recalculate solution paths.

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Why does a project recalculate all the models included in the project

A saved project is saved in a JSL format, not in a Output Display structure, therefore, it has to re-execute the script to create the output.  If you do not want this behavior to continue, then you can save the output from your analyses to a Journal, and than close the original analysis before you save the project.

Jim
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

A saved project is saved in a JSL format, not in a Output Display structure, therefore, it has to re-execute the script to create the output.  If you do not want this behavior to continue, then you can save the output from your analyses to a Journal, and than close the original analysis before you save the project.

Jim
0 Kudos
Highlighted
gene
Community Trekker

Thanks for your answer.  A quick follow-up.  So when I create a bunch of derivative tables such as summary tables, these are not saved anywhere?  They are simply recreated when I open the project?  I guess that warrants being careful perhaps.

0 Kudos
txnelson
Super User

yes
Jim
0 Kudos