Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Where can I find JSL changes in JMP10

tomsalvo

Community Trekker

May 3, 2012

Apologies if this has been answered previously.

I have a set of scripts that work well in JMP9 but not at all in JMP10.  I've seen the listed changes to JSL in the back of the scripting guide, but I was wondering if there is any other resource listing changes in JSL as these don't look like they will apply to my specific problem.

Or will I simply need to debug it myself?

Thanks for any info on other sources of changes in JSL,

Tom

5 REPLIES
pmroz

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

Hey Tom,

Can you give some examples of what doesn't work anymore?  I have a lot of scripts written in JMP 9 and with one minor exception they work just fine in JMP 10.

Thanks,

Peter

tomsalvo

Community Trekker

May 3, 2012

Hi Peter,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I'm unable to say at present as I have not had the time to do a full debug.  I can describe the general situation.  I have some check boxes in an interface and depending on the output from these, the script either enables or disables some radio buttons later on in the interface.  One of the combinations of check boxes should result in a corresponding radio button being disabled and this is not happening - ie something that should be disabled is showing up as enabled.

When I have an idea of what I've done wrong then I'll update the feed.

Tom

tomsalvo

Community Trekker

May 3, 2012

I've found the problem I was having.  On my PC, the following script will give different outputs under JMP 9 and 10:

a = new window("test",

Lu1 = lineupbox(ncol(3)),

bb1 = buttonbox("Show checks", L2 = L1 << get; show(L2)),

bb2 = buttonbox("Enable", L1[1] << enable item(1,0))

);

L1 = {};

Lu1 << append(L1[1] = checkbox(""));

Lu1 << append(L1[2] = checkbox(""));

Lu1 << append(L1[3] = checkbox(""))

If you click the 'show checks' button under 9 and 10, with nothing checked, you will get L2 = {0,0,0}.  If you then press the 'enable' button, followed by the show checks button again, you will get L2 = {0,0,0} under 10 but L2 = {2,0,0} under JMP 9.

This may not be the best code - but in my situation it was what was needed to get the effect I required - I'm unsure if other ways would be better.

ms

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

I can confirm this. I get the same difference between JMP 9.0.3 and 10.0.1 (Mac). Moreover, JMP 9 shows {3, 0, 0} if selecting the checkbox before disabling it. The special output of 2 and 3 for disabled checkboxes is not documented in the scripting guide as far as I can tell. An abandoned feature or a bug?

Here's an attempt at a workaround that should give identical results in both JMP 9 & 10. If in JMP 9 , 2 is substracted from any disabled check boxes (I also added a toggle function for the enable button for testing purpose).

a = New Window( "test",

Lu1 = Lineup Box( N Col( 3 ) ),

bb1 = Button Box( "Show checks",

L2 = As List(

Matrix( L1 << get ) - (Contains( Left( JMP Version(), 2 ), "9" ) > 0) * 2 * (

Matrix( L1 << Item Enabled( 1 ) ) == J( N Items( L1 ), 1, 0 ))

);

Show( L2 );

),

bb2 = Button Box( "Enable",

L1[1] << enable item( 1, toggle );

toggle = (toggle == 0);

)

);

toggle = 0;

L1 = {};

Lu1 << append( L1[1] = Check Box( "" ) );

Lu1 << append( L1[2] = Check Box( "" ) );

Lu1 << append( L1[3] = Check Box( "" ) );

tomsalvo

Community Trekker

May 3, 2012

Thanks for this - at least I know I'm not going mad.

Great reply - I particularly like the 'toggle' - I've not used this before, but I'm sure I will in the future.

It would be great to know if anyone else has seen differences like this which could impact on script operation (I had another with subscripting in a display tree but have yet to validate the solution)