Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mpatpc
Level I

What do the red and yellow numbers mean in the fixed effect tests

I ran the fit group analysis.

I am looking at the fixed effect test report and I wanted to know if the yellow prob > F values show a positive correlation  meaning the higher the value the more positive the effect and the red prob >F values indicate a negative correlation meaning the lower the value the better the result.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: What do the red and yellow numbers mean in the fixed effect tests

Hi mpatpc,

The coloring on p-values, conditional formatting as it's called in JMP, is based on how small the p-value is. By default, P-values are colored red if they are between 0.01 and 0.05, and p-values are colored yellow if they are less than 0.01.

For platforms that support correlation (such as Analyze > Multivariate) conditional formatting is applied to values on the basis of the degree and direction of correlation.

7308_Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 9.48.27 PM.png

I hope this helps!

Julian

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: What do the red and yellow numbers mean in the fixed effect tests

Hi mpatpc,

The coloring on p-values, conditional formatting as it's called in JMP, is based on how small the p-value is. By default, P-values are colored red if they are between 0.01 and 0.05, and p-values are colored yellow if they are less than 0.01.

For platforms that support correlation (such as Analyze > Multivariate) conditional formatting is applied to values on the basis of the degree and direction of correlation.

7308_Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 9.48.27 PM.png

I hope this helps!

Julian