Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

What are the green plus symbols in the Import Wizard in JMP 12?

mjoner

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

In the Excel Import Wizard, I notice that there are buttons next to "Column headers start on row", "Number of rows with column headers", "Data starts on row", and "Data starts on columns". These buttons contain green plus symbols. I'm curious what these buttons are used for The help page doesn't explain these.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

I'm sorry the Help doesn't have that information, I thought we caught that. The green plus symbols are used to fill in a row or column number for you after a selection is made in the preview pane.  One area where this is powerful is for selecting the ending row.  Select the last row of data, and then press the green cross where the "Data ends with row" icon is located.  It will fill in the row number.

The reason this is powerful is that there are hidden rows, or you have several rows allocated for headers, JMP will do the computation for you and put in the correct number.

8542_Capture.PNG

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

1 REPLY
Solution

I'm sorry the Help doesn't have that information, I thought we caught that. The green plus symbols are used to fill in a row or column number for you after a selection is made in the preview pane.  One area where this is powerful is for selecting the ending row.  Select the last row of data, and then press the green cross where the "Data ends with row" icon is located.  It will fill in the row number.

The reason this is powerful is that there are hidden rows, or you have several rows allocated for headers, JMP will do the computation for you and put in the correct number.

8542_Capture.PNG

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development