Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted

What are the best practices for submitting jmp scripts, data tables, and output to publishers?

Specifically, we are about to submit a manuscript for review. The publisher asks for the data and codes to be submitted as well. There is a plethora of information about how to submit R files, but I cannot find anything about how to sumbit JMP files. 

How does everyone else handle this? Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
P_Bartell
Level VI

Re: What are the best practices for submitting jmp scripts, data tables, and output to publishers?

I guess my first thought would be to ask the publisher if submitting JMP specific file constructs are acceptable? From there I think the best way to submit might be a JMP Journal with embedded content as needed. The beauty of the JMP Journal construct is you can embed not just JMP files, but any other file construct (Word, PowerPoint, pdf, pictures (jpeg, png, etc.) or even heaven forbid Excel).

Highlighted

Re: What are the best practices for submitting jmp scripts, data tables, and output to publishers?

In order to make the analysis reproducible for other researchers I would recommend:

• save the data table as a plain text file such as .csv
  • delete all the rows of the data table and then copy the table script and save as plain text
  • jsl files are already plain text
  • outputs of the reports and scripts could be saved as PowerPoint which has a couple of advantages (.pptx is a .zip file in disguise, any relevant sections/images can be easily resued)
  • the original .jmp files
  • a screen shot of the data table showing any rows which were hidden/excluded, label states etc? It would be better these are explicitly recorded in a table column

This way even if they don't have JMP they can see which formula was applied to the data, the output of this transformation and a full copy of the report details used to reach the conclusion.

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.