BookmarkSubscribe
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
MJE
MJE
Occasional Contributor

Vanishing data table box

Hi Everyone,

I am currently building on a script where I want to display an excerpt from a data table in a visualization  within a window with multiple Tabs. I was actually able to accomplish this task by  (transferred into a  generic code for the ease of reading)

Tab Page Box ("Title",	

dt << select where (:"Column Title" >= 500);
		Outline Box ("Outline Title",
		(dt << subset(Columns ( [... List of Columns ...] ), selected rows)) << get as report

);

It Actually works fine if i leave it at that. But as soon as I try to add further code within the Tab Box (even "simple" code like adding a distribution or switching the current data table from the generated subset to the original data table) the desired table output just disappears (or does not show at all), the Tab is created. The Log doesn't show any warning or error  whatsoever.

Adding another likewise script with a different select where condition (copy/Paste the exact same code below within the Tab Page Box environment) delivers the Table generated by the second statement but ignores (or deletes) the first one...

I actually have no clue on why it behaves like that and no idea where to look for a solution, so I am turning to you :)

Attempted solutions so far:

Put it into seperate V List Boxes

Put it into Context Boxes

Generate the subset earlier in the code and just jumping to the corresponding data table to generate the table.

I hope this question is not ridiculously easy for you (as I am still rather new to jsl coding) but if so, I would still love a quick answer.

Greets

Malte

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
MJE
MJE
Occasional Contributor

Re: Vanishing data table box

... I just realized that the posted code has already a correction attempt in it. I actually started with a

data table box (dt << subset (Column(....
0 Kudos
txnelson
Super User

Is the subset data table linked to the original table and then something is deleting the original table?
Jim
0 Kudos
MJE
MJE
Occasional Contributor

Hi txnelson,

thank you for your answer, I have some good News an some Bad news.

Good news is, I actually found my mistake a few seconds after your answer (after wasting several hours and feeling a little dumb after finding the solution). Bad news is, my darkest fears came true (simple mistake with large impact).

I obviously put a semicolon where a comma belonged. So for anyone who is having similar troubles:

This one works:

Tab Page Box ("Title",
		dt << select where (:"Column Title" >= 500;
		(dt << subset(Columns ( [... List of Columns ...] ), selected rows)) << get as report ),
		Distribution( ....

This one doesn't:

Tab Page Box ("Title",
		dt << select where (:"Column Title" >= 500;
		(dt << subset(Columns ( [... List of Columns ...] ), selected rows)) << get as report );
		Distribution( ....

... Sorry for wasting your time ...

0 Kudos