cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
seyberg
Level I

Utilizing dual Y Axes

Hey, I am trying to create a plot containing two related Y values that have different axis using the same X.  The option in the Graph Builder to move one data set to the right creates an overlap in the graphs rather than placing them side by side.  Are there any features that will allow me to create a graph similar to the one below?

1613_pastedImage_0.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Two Y Axis

try using the "chart" option in the "graph" menu.

once there, put time and distance as Y's and ABC as grouping. this will put the data side by side yet will not enable you to get two different axis.

i do not have jmp10 yet, but my guess would be that the new graph builder can do both.

ron

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

hi Seyberg,

once you put more than one variable on the Y axis you can right click on the axis and the first option is "move right". this should be what you are looking for.

best,

ron

seyberg
Level I

I am looking for side by side columns, when I move the Y variable to the right the columns become stacked

ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

try using the "chart" option in the "graph" menu.

once there, put time and distance as Y's and ABC as grouping. this will put the data side by side yet will not enable you to get two different axis.

i do not have jmp10 yet, but my guess would be that the new graph builder can do both.

ron