cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
guttmanc
Level I

Using disallowed combinations in custom design

Hi

I am using JMP10 for an experimental design of protein expression in bacteria. I have many categorical factors and two continuous factors. I would like to exclude from the design several conditions that combine several values from one categorical factor with a continuous factor. Using the Data filter as explained here (Custom Design Window) I have generated an "AND" combination, and without finding any continuation to the Data filter window, I have saved the script via the "Data filter" red triangle menu (script->save script to Data Table or to Script Window).

When I setup the cautom design, I can reach the "Disallowed Combinations" menu, from the red triangle menu, and I am prompted to paste in the script. however, the script doesn' work. Script is as follows:

Current Data Table() << Data Filter(
    Location( {864, 146} ),
    Add Filter(
        columns( :Name( "Inducer level (mM)" ), :Media ),
        Where(
            :Media == {"Autoinduction TB based", "AI+L-arginine",
            "AI+Glycine-betaine", "AI+Glycine-Trehalose"}
        ),
        Display( :Media, Size( 212, 225 ), List Display )
    )
)

The script doesn't work. Is there any simple way to choose the specific factors/value? Or do I need to write scripts for the disallowed combinations?

Thanks in advance for your help

Chen

1 REPLY 1

Re: Using disallowed combinations in custom design

Though eons ago, this might point to a helpful other thread talking about a similar problem:Custom design DOE with disallowed combinations - JMP 11 

In newer versions of JMP you have an interactive filter option to specify disallowed combinations instead of scripting.

/****NeverStopLearning****/