Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Using R functions in JMPPro10 on MAC running OS10.8

tomparker

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Does the MAC version of JMP Pro 10 support the connection to R?

I am running MAC OS10.8.3 (Mountain Lion) and R version 3.0.1 (2013-05-16) -- "Good Sport" (Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0 (64-bit)). R runs well on this machine and so does JMP Pro 10. However, when I execute the JMP scripting commands R Init(); or rconn = R Connect(); I get the error message below. Before I uninstall the 3.0.1 version of R and re-install the 2.9 version of R, I would like to have confirmation that R is supported on the Mac instance of JMP. My concern arrises from reading the documentation in the scripting guide that refers only to the windows instance of JMP

Thank you

_______

R Init();

/*:

R Version 2.9 must be installed for R support to work correctly in access or evaluation of 'R Init' , R Init()

4 REPLIES
tomparker

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

For anyone interested, the answer from SAS technical services is that (for the MAC) the current release of JMP (10.0... June 2011) supports R 2.9.2 and R 2.15.3. The next release of JMP is expected to support R 3.0.

kaylesawyer

Community Trekker

Nov 12, 2013

Do you know if the integration was fixed? Does JMP 11 (and JMP Pro 11) for Mac OS X work with R 3.0.2 "Frisbee Sailing"?

Jeff_Perkinson

Community Manager

Jun 23, 2011

Unfortunately, it isn't corrected yet and we may not be able to fix it alone.

It appears that the current Macintosh builds of R 3.0.x have removed the interface points that we require. We have asked the R developer who is building the Macintosh versions about this and have not gotten a positive response yet.

-Jeff

-Jeff
kaylesawyer

Community Trekker

Nov 12, 2013

Is there anything the R open-source community can do to help? Is there a specific open bug with the relevant code and interface points specified? It might be helpful for the JMP developers who work on R integration to see if they might be able to submit a patch to R themselves. Thanks for your attention!
R bug tracking system - Main Page

R-SIG-Mac Info Page

R for Mac OS X - developer's page