BookmarkSubscribe
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
cristianv
Community Member

Use of API to generate 'additional' visuals, etc?

Hello,

I am exploring the possibility of creating some visuals to accompany a JMP prediction profiler, to enhance the 'experience' for my target audience.  I'm thinking of generating some supporintg images (not graphs) that would change dynamically as the Prediction Profiler input (and ouput) ranges are being tweaked by the users.

I don't think this can be fully done within JMP, so perhaps does JMP have any kind of API that I can tap into to communicate with an external app for this purpose?  If so is it possible *specifically* to link inputs/outputs from a prediction profiler out to an external app for further manipulation (building geometrical visuals etc.)?

Any pointers appreciated.

Cristian

0 Kudos
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
gzmorgan0
Super User

Re: Use of API to generate 'additional' visuals, etc?

JSL offers links to R and Python (JMP14) and SAS and Matlab.  If you have a different application, you can use Run Program to run an external program and retrieve the result.

JMP has many functions to run create graphics, also high level functions of opengl to create geometries.  From the help menu, select Sample Data > Sample Scripts > Scene3D then teapot.jsl. Run the script.

You also might want to look at building a Map Help>Books>Essential Graphing seach for Create Maps. Open Sample Data>  select file S4 temps.jmp. Select the second attached script, Average Temp.

Without more information (Mac or PC, JMP version or which external package or what type of graphic), I can only provide leads.

ian_jmp
Staff

You may not need to resort to an API if you exploit some of the messages that Profiler understands. The example attached might get you started. I think John Sall first used this approach when we did a choice experiment to decide on some of the stylistic aspects of the JMP user interface.

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 11.15.12.png

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
gzmorgan0
Super User

JSL offers links to R and Python (JMP14) and SAS and Matlab.  If you have a different application, you can use Run Program to run an external program and retrieve the result.

JMP has many functions to run create graphics, also high level functions of opengl to create geometries.  From the help menu, select Sample Data > Sample Scripts > Scene3D then teapot.jsl. Run the script.

You also might want to look at building a Map Help>Books>Essential Graphing seach for Create Maps. Open Sample Data>  select file S4 temps.jmp. Select the second attached script, Average Temp.

Without more information (Mac or PC, JMP version or which external package or what type of graphic), I can only provide leads.

ian_jmp
Staff

You may not need to resort to an API if you exploit some of the messages that Profiler understands. The example attached might get you started. I think John Sall first used this approach when we did a choice experiment to decide on some of the stylistic aspects of the JMP user interface.

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 11.15.12.png

0 Kudos