Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Update Check Not Working

Hegedus

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

In browsing some discussion, I came across mention of an update version 12.2 that was out in mid-December.

In my preferences I had set the for check monthly, but I was never notified of the update and it had four chances.  When I pressed check now it was found immediately and I installed the update.

Does the automatic check not work?

I am on a Mac with permanent license.

3 REPLIES
briancorcoran

Jun 23, 2011

There should be a "Last Check" indicator when you go into the preferences panel for JMP Updates.  However, since you did it manually it will probably show that result now.  As long as the checkbox is checked for "Check for Updates", it should be working.  I verified that "Daily" worked ok on my Mac 12.2 install this morning.  It will only check if you bring JMP up for at least a minute or so.

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

Hegedus

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

I am still wondering if it is working correctly.  Of course it will really depend when a new release is posted, but in the mean time it still looks odd.

Here is a screen shot of the presences window.  I have not clicked "check now" since the date of the original post which was 4/14.   I have been following it and the last check date always matches the current date, i.e. it is acting like it checks daily even though the option is set for monthly.  I was wondering if it just puts in the current date and then says "I'm done checking" and never pings the server for the latest update.  Note in my original post it had not notified my of an update even though one existed.

11388_preferences.png

briancorcoran

Jun 23, 2011

Well, the last check text is erroneous.  It is showing the last time JMP checked to see if it needed to ping the update server based on the preference settings, rather than showing the last time the server was actually pinged.  However, there seems to be a bigger issue where Monthly update checking is not working properly.  I will enter a Defect to have both issues addressed.

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development