Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Unable to copy entire Oneway plot

asvp

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

I have created an oneway analysis plot using a data set but when I try to copy this plot (Using Edit-> Copy Picture) into a power point presentation the plot does not copy completely. I have 7 categories on X-axis and I am displaying Quantiles , Mean and Std Deviations. Did anyone face this issue? How can I copy complete plot?

Thanks,
ASVP
6 REPLIES
asvp

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

When I add Compare densities and then try to copy it seems to work.
mpb

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

If you just select the plot then copy / paste works. If you select a combination of the plot and other text then use Paste Special > Picture (enhanced metafile) to get the whole thing to show up in Power Point.
asvp

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

mpb,

I tried initially using paste special but that did not work either, I remember having this problem sometime back too, not sure what makes this happen.
mpb

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

What are you not seeing when you do your paste?

Off the top of my head I'll guess that you are missing some of the categories...if so try clicking the red triangle menu then Display Options and then click on "X Axis proportional" to uncheck it. Then do your copy / pasting.

Michael
asvp

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Hi Michael,

I was missing last 4 categories in Means and Std Deviations portion of the plot and I did
uncheck "X Axis proportional" when I plotted it.
ms

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

I use JMP 9 in Mac OS X and the clipboard may work differently than in Windows. I don't have the option "Copy Picture" in the edit-meny but I can choose it from a contextual menu by pointing in the report and right-clicking. However, "Copy picture" is a bit unreliable or at least picky about where in the report you're pointing. If I e.g. point at the graph frame box and select copy picture, I just get that. No axes or axis labels (and some strange cut-off at the right border).

More predictable is to use the selection tool and select as the whole plot (or the parts you want) and then copy.