BookmarkSubscribe
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

URL as a variable

I am working on using JMPPRO 14 projects to replace Microsoft SharePoint for storing statistical analyses. Each numbered analysis is a project. I would like to include a master table describing attributes of each project (department, product coade, process,...) with a variable that lists the URL for the location of the project file. Is it possible to have the URL function as a link to automatically open the project when clicked upon? 

Rob Lievense
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4

Re: URL as a variable

Clarification... The files associated with a project are stored in various locations. I plan to use JMP projects to manage the workflows.

@statpharmerwrote:

I am working on using JMPPRO 14 projects to replace Microsoft SharePoint for storing statistical analyses. Each numbered analysis is a project. I would like to include a master table describing attributes of each project (department, product coade, process,...) with a variable that lists the URL for the location of the project file. Is it possible to have the URL function as a link to automatically open the project when clicked upon? 

Rob Lievense
0 Kudos

I found a solution with further searching  JMP discussion entries. The following entry includes a script that I modified to work for my purposes:

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/creation-of-link/m-p/20237/highlight/true#M18452

Rob Lievense
0 Kudos

Hi @statpharmer,

You could create a JMP Table that has a variable with URL links. Then include that file in the project. Archive Project option in Files will copy all files reference in the Window list and also include bookmarked folders. So be carefule if you use that option.

Using Bookmark section as the link to files would effectively be a URL of sorts (a file path or a folder path if adding a folder to the Bookmark section).

Would that help?

Chris

Chris Kirchberg
Principal Systems Engineer, Life Sciences - JMP Global Technical Enablement
SAS Institute, Inc. - Denver, CO
Tel: +1-919-531-9927 ▪ Mobile: +1-303-378-7419 ▪ E-mail: chris.kirchberg@jmp.com
JMP – A Division of SAS Institute | www.jmp.com

Chris,

This is another way to do it. I am playing around with differing options and will include this one to assess the functionality. We have already created workflow templates for the diferent types of analyses, which hold the promise of working very well. It is always gratifying to modify a script and have it work as desired.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Rob Lievense
0 Kudos