Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
Level III

Two Way Anova for different two groups

I am quite new to statistics. I have emotion response and preference response from normal hearing and hearing impaired people for both 28 piano and drum clips. I have two factors tempo of the songs and mode of the song (major or minor). I want to look at both the fixed effects of tempo and mode and the interaction effects on each of these groups. 

I expect somthing like this (which I dont get using Fit Model):

Emotion rating = a*Mode + b*Tempo + c*Tempo*Mode

Preference rating = a*Mode+ b*Tempo + c*Tempo*Mode

Emotion and preference - continuous variable, Tempo - continuous, Mode - Categorical (Major or Minor)

The way I do this is, Analyse ----> Fit Model ----> I choose Tempo and mode then full factorial under Macros to get main effects and interaction effects. For emotion rating (for drums), And for the y-column I choose both normal and hearing impaired response for emotion for drums. I do the same for piano response for both the groups. I am not looking at the variablity within the subjects in group but the effect of tempo and mode for drums and piano on emotion and preference rating for the clips. Also, I am looking at Random effects, it should have been looked into but for technical reasons its eliminated. 

I have already tried this approach but I dont know if this is the right way to look the data when there are two different groups and and all other variables are same.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Two Way Anova for different two groups

You are 'on the right track.' Extend your model to account for the possible effect of hearing ability (normal, impaired). Select Mode, Tempo, and Hearing before clicking Macros. Use Full Factorial as before if you want to estimate and test the three-factor interaction effect or Factorial to Degree (2 by default) if you only want two-factor interactions.

Learn it once, use it forever!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Two Way Anova for different two groups

You are 'on the right track.' Extend your model to account for the possible effect of hearing ability (normal, impaired). Select Mode, Tempo, and Hearing before clicking Macros. Use Full Factorial as before if you want to estimate and test the three-factor interaction effect or Factorial to Degree (2 by default) if you only want two-factor interactions.

Learn it once, use it forever!

View solution in original post

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.