Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Turn Off Import Data Alert

marknewjmp

Community Member

Sep 19, 2012

Going to import several hundred CSV files, and apparently there is something that JMP flags and "ALERTS" won't import offending item.   That's fine, but with several hundred files to import and not wanting to say "OK" for every one of them, I just want to turn it off and let-er rip ................  How to turn off the alert and just get on with opening my data ?

6 REPLIES
teebahnson

Community Trekker

Jun 4, 2014

I have the same issue but with closing a data table.  Sometimes I have dozens of tables open and I don't want to have to click the 'don't save' button each time. 

David_Burnham

Super User

Jul 13, 2011

This is a response to @teebahnson.  See further below for a response to the original question by @marknewjmp.

If you are using JMP interactively and you want to close all your tables, select one table, from the Windows menu choose 'Close All Data Tables'.

If the tables are being opened using a script, there is a trick that allows you to associate an OnClose script to the table, which will close the table without the prompt.

dt = Open(path);
	name = dt << Get Name;
	Eval(Parse(Eval Insert("\[ 	
		dt << On Close(
			Close( Data Table("^name^"), NoSave )
		)
	]\")));

-Dave
vladbondarenko0

Community Trekker

Jan 14, 2016

Close All(Data Tables, No Save) will close all data tables.

txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

There is a simple solution to the closing issue. Just use the JMP Home Window. Select all of the files you want to close, and then rt click and select close. You will then be given the choice to "Save None"
Jim
David_Burnham

Super User

Jul 13, 2011

The alert is telling you something.  The best way to get rid of the alert is to fix the problem.  Usually the alert is telling us something, and we are just reluctant to listen.  If you post the message of the alert then you might get some specific help on it.  

Having done the "preaching" bit, there is one method you might want to try. It is a function Batch Interactive (I'm assuming if you have 100s of files you are dealing with a script).  It is illustrated in a response by  @Craige_Hales :

view post

-Dave
teebahnson

Community Trekker

Jun 4, 2014

thanks for the helpful suggestions everyone.