Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
ShahirahLoqman
Level II

Transforming Multiple Big Data Tables into Smaller Ones

Hi there!

So I am currently looking into analyzing the process capability of 5 polymer grades. Say one grade would have 3 physical properties that are provided by our lab that I would need to analyse.

My final target: To have 5 individual JMP files for each polymer grade consisting all 3 physical properties which are sampled with their own unique sampling time.

What I have now: I have 3 individual (and huge) physical properties file with all 5 polymer grades sampled.

My question: What's the best way for me to use my existing huge data table and extract information to create the 5 individual grade JMP files? Is subset the only way to achieve this? Is virtually joining & linking the 3 physical propeties a posibility?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Re: Transforming Multiple Big Data Tables into Smaller Ones

It is tough to give you specific advice, not knowing the details of your data tables.  However, I will say that Subsetting is a pretty good approach.  Particularly because there is an "Subset by" option that a lot of folks miss.  

subsetby.PNG

This will allow for a single pass through the data with the creation of all your polymer grades.

And yes, you can create virtual links with the physical property data tables.

Jim
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.