cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
dp30
Level III

Ternary plot and background grid issue with JMP 14

Hello,

Since I moved to JMP 14 I have this issue when plotting ternary plots with Contour fill: a grid is systematically drawn with thin white horizontal and vertical lines (see captures), whatever the Color theme chosen for the Contour fill. This issue was not present in my previous JMP versions until JMP 13. Any idea to remove these thin white horizontal and vertical lines? I can't manage to remove them...Thanks 

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ternary plot and background grid issue with JMP 14

HI @dp30,

Gridlines can be removed by double-clicking on each axis and unchecking the Grid Lines check box. You can also go to Preferences>Platforms>Ternary Plot and turn off Ref Lines.

Give this a try to see if you get what you want.

Best,

Chris

Chris Kirchberg, M.S.2
Data Scientist, Life Sciences - Global Technical Enablement
JMP Statistical Discovery, LLC. - Denver, CO
Tel: +1-919-531-9927 ā–Ŗ Mobile: +1-303-378-7419 ā–Ŗ E-mail: chris.kirchberg@jmp.com
www.jmp.com
dp30
Level III

Thanks Chris, but no it doesn't solve my problem (see below what I get, white lines remain)

Capture3.JPG

Thanks @dp30,

I have not found a way to get rid of those tiny white lines that look like graph paper. Maybe someone else has an idea of how to get rid of those as well. They seem to exist in JMP 13 as well.

Oddly enough, the Mixture Profiler does not have these thin white lines that look like graph paper.

I would also check with Technical Support as well (support@jmp.com). If they dont have a good way to remove them, then I would add this to the Wish List as an option to remove.

Chris

Chris Kirchberg, M.S.2
Tel: +1-919-531-9927 ā–Ŗ Mobile: +1-303-378-7419 ā–Ŗ E-mail: chris.kirchberg@jmp.com
www.jmp.com

I checked a test build of our next release and the thin white lines no longer show up. So maybe it will be fixed in JMP 15.

Chris Kirchberg, M.S.2
www.jmp.com