Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Tabulate incompetencies JMP output / Interactive HTML output

saitcopuroglu

Community Trekker

Sep 29, 2014

Dear developers,

I would be happiest JMP user if html outputs follow the jmp output (WYSIWYG)

many thanks for taking the html5 coding so far and wishing it to keep getting better.

9881_2015-09-17_10-51-01.png

9882_2015-09-17_10-51-02.png

1 REPLY
mdawson69

Community Trekker

Aug 26, 2015

I was playing around with something about a month or so ago and did an HTML output from JMP. The resulting Webpage looked more like the default output style used by the ODS system in SAS than a JMP report. I used to use SAS extensively for my graduate research, so I am very familiar with how that HTML output looked with its blue-gray color scheme.

9884_SAS Output.png

(Wow, I actually found some old SAS outputs from previous work.) At the time I was more interested in getting easy-to-read output tables relative to the standard text-based reporting from the list files files generated by SAS, so I did not go beyond the default color scheme when creating HTML reports.

Where JMP is concerned, if I had a need to generate HTML, I would definitely prefer the result to look like what I created in JMP. When I was using SAS in grad school, anything that was ultimately put into publication was done by generating graphs and tables in Excel. With JMP, I try to avoid having to go to Excel to do things that JMP does very well, if not better. Going through the trouble to generate a clean report in JMP to not have a Web version reflect that effort would be disappointing.