Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
Françoise
Level IV

Tabulate and zero

Hi,

with Tabulate, is it possible to hide the zeros?

best regards

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
gzmorgan0
Super User

Re: Tabulate and zero

@Françoise ,

I am not exactly sure whether these zeros are counts or a category, like a non-response. 

Attached is a table that simulates survey data:

• 3 columns: Question, Student, Response
  • Response should be integer values from 1 to 5
  • A Response = zero is a non-response, i.e., and unanswered question

Note that the Response column shows an asterisk (*) indication a column property.  It was created by selecting the Response column, right click, select Column Properties, Select Missing Value Codes.  An dialog boz will appear.  Type in zero at the value window and +.

If you run the attached script you will get the Tabulate report shown below.  After you run it, check teh box on the option Include missing for grouping columns. That will now show how many times each question was left unanswered. Uncheck it and zeros are not shown.

That is my "guess" at what you might be looking for. If not, please provide more details of the task at hand.

image.png

Highlighted
Françoise
Level IV

Re: Tabulate and zero

Hi,

thank you for your precise answer.

In fact, I have zeros in the columns of the tabulate that correspond to the number of observations.

I would prefer to have an empty space instead of a zero when there were no results.

I shall use your solution but for this specific case, I always have the zeros displayed.

best regards

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.