Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
peri_a
Level II

Summary loses value labels

I recently upgraded my JMP 13 to JMP 14.

i have realized that once you do a summary grouping for a column "A" that has value labels,

in the output table the new column "A" has value labels (and other formatting) only if the linked to original data table is selected.

In JMP 13 the value lables would be preserved in the output table regardless of  the link to original table.

This is creating a weird behavior to one of my scripts that relies on that value label to be present. (in general i dont want to have the two table linked (as the selection of the 2 tables must be independent for the script to work properly)

is there a "setting" that controls this behavior in the "options" or it is just a bug or wanted change in behavior between the versions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Summary loses value labels

Unfortunately this is a bug. We'll be addressing it in the next maintenance release for JMP 14. That will be 14.2.

I'm sorry that this is affecting you.

-Jeff

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Jeff_Perkinson

Unfortunately this is a bug. We'll be addressing it in the next maintenance release for JMP 14. That will be 14.2.

I'm sorry that this is affecting you.

-Jeff

View solution in original post

Highlighted
peri_a
Level II

Thanks. I will implement a work-around.

Highlighted
Carole1
Level II

Hi Jeff,

Has this been fixed with 14.2?

Thanks

Carole

Highlighted
Isak_JMP
Level I

Sorry Jeff,  but  recently  I've upgraded  to  14.2  but  bug still  exists.  

I'm  trying to  do  summary on  2  columns,  (~4mil  rows)  and  the  program  stacked /  halted. 

No  similar issue in JMP13.  

See  example: 

Col1      Col2

V1_0    V2_0
V1_1    V2_0

Continue  col1 to V1_3994988  and  keep  Col2  values  same; 

Afterward  try  to  make  summary of  2  columns (like  remove  duplicates) -  and you'll  see the problem . 

I'm  running it on  very  very  strong machine (Server,  Win2016)

Thanks,

Highlighted
Jeff_Perkinson

@Isak_JMP, I think you're saying that JMP is crashing while trying to do a Tables->Summary. If so, that's a different problem from the one reported originally.

Please contact Tech Support (support@jmp.com) with the details of your crash. The next time you launch JMP it may prompt you to send a crash file, please do that so we can properly diagnose the problem.

-Jeff
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.