Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted

Subsetting a table containing a column of names

Apologies if this is a trivial question, but I've been staring it for a while and getting nowhere. The problem is illustrated in the following snippet of JSL script:

I want to select those rows of table "NameTable" which contain only the names that appear in Check_List (so in this trivial example I need to select the rows whose values are one of "AAA", "BBB" or "EEE"). I know I could do this very easily with a FOR loop, but I feel I ought to be able to do it more elegantly than that, probably using the "contains" function and/or an associative array, but I can't get my head around how to set it up. Can anybody show me how it could be done?

Many thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
chungwei
Staff

Re: Subsetting a table containing a column of names

NameTable<
Highlighted

Re: Subsetting a table containing a column of names

Of course - simple. I got confused by trying to evaluate the contents of the "contains" function separately before putting it inside the "select where" function - i.e. "show(contains(Check_List, :Names))" - and assuming that because that returns a single number as opposed to a list of numbers showing which rows to select, I must have got it wrong. If I'd actually tried it out inside the "select where" function I'd have found it at once.

Many thanks.
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.