Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
MooMinIL
Level I

Subseting a jmp table using a .csv list of serial numbers

Hey,

I'm a bit of a novice to JMP and have been using mostly the GUI aspect of it, not much scripting so far, but I've come to a point where I can't find a way to perform my task using just GUI.

I've got a big jmp table with many columns. One of those is a SerialNumber column that contains strings (the sn can be both characters and letters) and I have a seperate list of serial numbers that stand out. I would like to get a subset of the original table according the the serial number list (which can be quite big itself, so entering manualy is obviously out of the question).

What would be the prefered plan of action to achieve such a subset in jmp? I couldn't find anything about using an external list to subset my data when googling...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Subseting a jmp table using a .csv list of serial numbers

You can do this interactively (no scripting) by importing the .CSV into a JMP data table and then use Tables->Join to join by matching serial number. The resulting table wil be only the serial numbers that occur in both tables.

-Jeff

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

You can do this interactively (no scripting) by importing the .CSV into a JMP data table and then use Tables->Join to join by matching serial number. The resulting table wil be only the serial numbers that occur in both tables.

-Jeff

View solution in original post

Highlighted
MooMinIL
Level I

That's fantastic! thank you!
But might there also be another way to simply select the rows that match the list of serial numbers instead of subsetting the table? (I would like to highlight them in plotting and such)

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.