Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
TCM
TCM
Level III

Stacking several columns into one in place

I have a survey results table.  The rows are all respondents.  I need to stack the responses of several columns into one (the columns to be stacked relate to a common stimulus).  Because there are multiple stimuli in the same table, I need to keep the original structure in place.  Is there a way to do this without creating new tables?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Thierry_S
Level VI

Re: Stacking several columns into one in place

Hi TCM,

Without seeing the actual layout of your data it is a bit difficult to provide a precise answer but it seems that you may need to use the Stack Columns with the "Multiple Series" option turn on. Assuming that you have the same number of columns per stimuli, you simply need to specify the number of series in your final data set. Of note, make sure that the "Contiguous" option is turned on if your data is organized at STIM1 COL1, STIM1 COL2, STIM 1 COL3, STIM2 COL1, STIM 2 COL2, STIM 2 COL3, etc...

If this is not what you are looking for, please post an anonymized or mock version of your table.

Best,

TS
Thierry R. Sornasse

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Thierry_S
Level VI

Re: Stacking several columns into one in place

Hi TCM,

Without seeing the actual layout of your data it is a bit difficult to provide a precise answer but it seems that you may need to use the Stack Columns with the "Multiple Series" option turn on. Assuming that you have the same number of columns per stimuli, you simply need to specify the number of series in your final data set. Of note, make sure that the "Contiguous" option is turned on if your data is organized at STIM1 COL1, STIM1 COL2, STIM 1 COL3, STIM2 COL1, STIM 2 COL2, STIM 2 COL3, etc...

If this is not what you are looking for, please post an anonymized or mock version of your table.

Best,

TS
Thierry R. Sornasse

View solution in original post

Article Labels