Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
Jim_G_Pappas
Level II

Speeding up a JMP-created interactive HTML file

Hello

I have a dataset that contains essentially 6000 rows and 10 columns.   I recently created an applilcation / dashboard that contains a few graphs (mostly boxplots with data points, heatmaps, and tree diagrams, tabs) and then converted the dashboard into an interactive html file.  It looks great but runs slow.

Short of reducing the number of graphs, are there any "tricks" that might help speed things up with this?   The range of time it takes to interact with all the graphs ranges from 2 seconds to 15 seconds.  For example, I may click on a portion of  a tree map and the linking boxplots light up after 2 to 15 seconds.   Within JMP itself, the interactiveness is instantaeous - within the concerted interactive html it isn't.   Any tidbits of help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Jim Pappas

Jim Pappas
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Speeding up a JMP-created interactive HTML file

Interactive HTML runs in the browser, and will be limited in terms of performance by that fact when compared to JMP as a native desktop application.  First I would ask what browser are you using?  Currently the latest Chrome seems to perform the best, so if you are using something like IE 10/11 I would suggest a more modern browser.

Is it possible to share the data and/or script you are using?  It is difficult to give additional suggestions about how to speed up this case without knowing the specifics. 

Highlighted
jim_pappas
Level II

Re: Speeding up a JMP-created interactive HTML file

Thanks.  I uploaded the latest version of Chrome and it does perform a bit better.  I went ahead a reduced a couple of the graphs and that speed things up even more.  I do know that if I run this on my HP laptop that it's still somewhat slow.  But on my Mac it's super faster.  Not being a computer wiz, not sure what the main differnece would be.  Anyway, thanks for taking time to reply and the issue is  resolved.  Jim

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.