cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
tarkan_bih
Level III

Sigma Plot of smoother curves

Hi,

I want a sigma plot of smoother curves at a time value of 2300 for the upper curves (circled in red, It looks like I have a bi-modal distribution so I just want to focus on the biomodal distrubtion that has more data points). I have no voltage measurements at the circled points (values are between 2.9 and 3.0V). Is there a way to get a sigma plot of these smoother plots at a time of 2300?

smoother_curves.PNG

11 REPLIES 11
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Sigma Plot of smoother curves

Why don't you just reverse X and Y in your smoothing splines so don't have to use a solver?  That way you should be able to get the predicted values in the same manner I outlined.

-- Cameron Willden
tarkan_bih
Level III

Re: Sigma Plot of smoother curves

I have tried that but the fit I want is a reciprocal fit which is giving me a bad fit. This is the main reason why I want to use time vs voltage. Additionally, when running the experiement the voltage was set and teh time was measured. So the voltage measurements are discrete. I agree if I could have a voltage vs time fit (bottom graph) it would make my analysis easier. Maybe the fit I am using is wrong when I do a voltage vs time..

time_vs_voltagetime_vs_voltagevoltage_vs_timevoltage_vs_time