Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Re: Show percentages based to Total Cases Responding in Categorical Analysis

lilysecret

Community Trekker

Jul 29, 2016

Hello, in the table below, I'd like to show the percentages based to Total Cases Responding, rather than the ones based to Total Responses or Total Cases, so the Walmart Supercenter percentage would be 88.33%. I can't find any way to do this. Thanks.jmpsmpl.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Obermiller

Apr 3, 2013

Solution

Go to the red popup menu by the Categorical title and choose Rate Per Case Responding. I think that will give you what you want.

Dan Obermiller
8 REPLIES
uday_guntupalli

Community Trekker

Sep 15, 2014

@lilysecret ,
Please provide sample data to enable the users to help you

Best
uday
Best
Uday
lilysecret

Community Trekker

Jul 29, 2016

Done! Edited original post.

uday_guntupalli wrote:
@lilysecret ,
Please provide sample data to enable the users to help you

Best
uday

uday_guntupalli

Community Trekker

Sep 15, 2014

@lilysecret : 
  Thank you for providing the sample data . However you seem to have added labels on top of the data so - I am finding it a little hard to recreate the report /journal you have. 

However,  may be if I understand you question , can you try this : 
image.png

When you launch the tabulate platform , can you drag % of Total and drop it on top of your journal in the column section similar to what I have in the screenshot - I think that might do it .

If you are creating the report through a script - share your code - so  I can try walking through it step by step . 

Best 

Uday 

Best
Uday
lilysecret

Community Trekker

Jul 29, 2016

Thanks, Uday, I should have been more specific. I'm not using the Tabulate function to create this table, since it's a multiple response question I'm analyzing (QPROFILE_58). It's under the Consumer Analysis tab (under Analyze) and I'm using the options below to create the table: 

jmpsmpl2.jpg

Dan_Obermiller

Apr 3, 2013

Solution

Go to the red popup menu by the Categorical title and choose Rate Per Case Responding. I think that will give you what you want.

Dan Obermiller
lilysecret

Community Trekker

Jul 29, 2016

Thank you - I don't have that option. I have version 12.2. I've asked my SysAdmin for an upgrade to 13.1. Hopefully it will do the trick.

Highlighted
Dan_Obermiller

Apr 3, 2013

That should do the trick as I was using version 13.1 to confirm my thoughts. Upgrading is always a good thing!  :-)

Dan Obermiller
lilysecret

Community Trekker

Jul 29, 2016

Just wanted to get back to you and say this worked like a charm! Thanks very much!